-->

Children learn through play. As an occupational therapist who works with children and youth, I use games and toys almost every day to help develop important cognitive, visual perceptual, motor, sensory, social, play and leisure skills. While many different types of activities can be used in therapy, this blog focuses on off-the-shelf games and toys that are accessible to most. Whether you are a therapist, parent, teacher, or a game lover like me, I hope you discover something useful while you are here. Learn a different way to play a game you already own or discover a new game for your next family game night. Either way, just go play. It's good for you!

The OT Magazine named The Playful Otter one of the Top 5 Pediatric OT Blogs.


Feb 11, 2018

ZINGO Sight Words

Zingo Sight Words - BINGO game with a Zinger tile dispenser

Zingo is a Bingo game that comes in a variety of themes. I have already blogged on Zingo Picture Bingo and Zingo Number Bingo. To avoid repeating myself on the general basics of the game and the equipment, I request that you click on one of the games above and go to my previous blog for the ins and outs of this game and ideas for use in therapy. Here I will list the 24 sight words printed on the tiles included with this game:

the
in
two
and
want
we
they
are
have
for
come
three
where
said
our
my
went
me
here
now
what
who
she
there

As in the other Zingo games, the cards have two levels of difficulty. I have also blogged on Zingo to Go. The same makers, but a different format.

Work on spatial relations, figure ground, visual discrimination, visual closure, visual form constancy, manual dexterity, socialization skills, executive functioning skills, in-hand manipulation, manual dexterity, process skills, play and leisure exploration and participation

In the box: 72 sight word tiles (3 of each word), 6 double-sided cards, ZINGO Zinger

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.